With Magyu Lopön Charlotte Rotterdam and Lama Tsultrim Allione
June 12 – July 20, 2021
An Online Course offered through Tara Mandala Retreat Center.
Green Tara sits with one foot in the meditative posture and one foot in the world, thus embodying active compassion and serving as a model for modern day contemplative life. In this online course, you have the opportunity to learn to embody Green Tara, the female Buddha of compassion, who provides protection from fears and obstacles.
This is a great introductory course for understanding ‘deity’ practice in Buddhism. Green Tara is one of the most beloved and important deities in Tibetan Buddhism. Taught by Lama Tsultrim Allione and Lopön Charlotte Rotterdam, it includes 4 Live Webcasts with Lopön Charlotte Rotterdam.
What Will I Learn?
- Learn the basics of a traditional Tibetan Buddhist practice – known as a sadhana.
- Learn the melodies, mudras, and instruments of traditional sadhana practice.
- This Green Tara sadhana is from a concise terma (revealed) teaching from Ösel Dorje Sangdzö, the “Luminous Secret Vajra Treasury,” as taught by Adzom Drukpa.
Who Is This Course For?
- For both beginning and seasoned practitioners, Green Tara is one of the most profound yet simple practices of Tibetan Buddhism.
- Perfect for men, women, and those who identify as non binary, who are looking to bring the energy of compassion more fully into their lives.
- Completion of this program fulfills the requirement for Magyu practitioners.
- On-demand access to all course materials (9 hours of teachings, audio of practice)
- Access to 4 live webcasts (and recordings) with Lopön Charlotte Rotterdam
- Green Tara Practice Text (pdf download)
- Video demonstrations of the practice, mudras and instructions on Tsog (food offering)
For those who have not yet received transmission for this Green Tara practice, Lopön Charlotte will offer registered participants a live transmission on two webcasts (1st and 4th – see schedule below). We encourage you to attend the first lung if at all possible.
$350.00 – $420 sliding scale
Deferred Payment Plans and Scholarships:
Please see this page for further information.
Live Webcasts will be held with Lopön Charlotte Rotterdam on the following dates:
Saturdays at 10 am MT:
- June 12: 1.5-hr webcast
- From 11:00-11:30am MT Lopön Charlotte will offer the lung for anyone who has not received it. If you have received it, you may choose to stay on to receive it as a blessing.
- June 26: 1-hr webcast
- July 10: 1-hr webcast
- July 24: 1.5-hr webcast
- From 11:00-11:30am MT Lopön Charlotte will offer the lung for anyone who cannot attend the first one.
- Week 1: Green Tara Lighting Ceremony and Welcome – 1hr, 15m
- This includes a special teaching from Lama Tsultrim on the 21 Taras with our exquisite Tara statues in the main shrine room of the Tara Temple.
- Week 2: Green Tara Lineage and Complete Practice – 1hr, 30m
- Week 3: Dechan Barwa, Refuge and Bodhicitta – 1hr, 10m
- Week 4: Visualization, Mantra and Offering Praises – 1hr, 5m
- Week 5: Benefits of the Practice and Special Prayers – 40m
- Week 6: Complete Practice Summary and Faithful Student Song – 30 min
- Week 7: Mudras; Demonstration and Practice – 40m
- Week 8: Tsog (feast) Teachings and Practice – 2hrs, 10m
BONUS DOWNLOAD: A Tsog Song to Rouse Joy – Composed by Tulku Sang-Ngag Rinpoche at Tara Mandala. When you perform your own tsog, feel free to offer this beautiful composition as a tsog lu (tsog song). It is customary, after receiving a series of teachings, to offer a tsog in gratitude.