Green Tara – Retreat in Colorado
With Magyu Lopön Charlotte Rotterdam
July 28 – August 2, 2022
Green Tara sits with one foot in the meditative posture and one foot extended, embodying active compassion and serving as a model for modern day contemplative life. We invite you to join us in this in-person retreat for a week of deep practice to connect with the luminous compassion of Green Tara and our innate awakened heart.
The retreat will include transmission and detailed instructions on the Green Tara practice, as well as time for contemplation and discussion to integrate the teachings into our lives. For those already familiar with the practice, the retreat offers the opportunity to review and enrich your understanding of the text, symbolic meanings, and ritual elements of the practice. Together, we’ll explore what it might mean to embody active compassion in our everyday lives, and to meet the challenges of our world with awareness and an open heart.
For all of us, this is a precious and exciting chance to return to the nurturing land of Tara Mandala; to be nourished by in-person group practice and community time; and to deepen our living connection to the wisdom of Green Tara.
During this retreat, you will have the opportunity to:
- Connect with Green Tara, the female Buddha of compassion, who provides swift protection from fears and obstacles.
- Engage in group practice with the Green Tara sadhana from the Luminous Secret Vajra Treasury, a treasure cycle of Adzom Drukpa.
- Receive teachings and engage in discussion to further hone your understanding and address challenges or questions that arise in relation to the practice.
Who Can Attend?
- This retreat is open to all.
- This is a required retreat for the Magyu Mother Lineage Program.
- Anyone facing financial limitations and desiring to contribute to Tara Mandala’s dharma activities while also attending this retreat, can consider our Work Exchange Retreat Program. With this program, we hope to make the experience of retreat at our Tara Mandala retreat center a possibility for everyone. Please visit this link to learn more and apply.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, in order to attend this retreat, please note you will need to:
- To be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of this vaccination.
- Please visit this page to submit a scanned image of your Covid-19 vaccination card (or similar form of evidence) and to review and submit acknowledgement of our Tara Mandala’s Visitor Release and Waiver of Liability andTara Mandala’s Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/Covid-19 which you will be asked to sign in-person upon arrival.
- Read our information on Tara Mandala’s Covid-19 Safety Protocols for In-Person Retreats.
To prepare for this retreat, you will need:
- A Mala, Bell, Vajra, and Damaru drum. These implements are available through our Dakini store. Note: it is not required that you have both of these items upon attending the retreat, however, eventually they are necessary to do the full practice.
- Optional: To enhance your practice, we’ve curated a few special bundles for this retreat with items from our Dakini Store. This is a wonderful way to support Tara Mandala. See the Green Tara Bundle here.
Tara Mandala is working to expand opportunities for access to Buddhist teachings and practices while offering an equity-informed fee structure when possible. With our new tiered pricing, we strive to make the Dharma more accessible to all while furthering the important conversations that must happen around current structures that inhibit equal access to underprivileged communities. We encourage you to select the registration tier at the highest level within your capacity to assist Tara Mandala in covering the costs of offering these wonderful teachings. We thank you in advance for your support and your practice!
We have restructured lodging options and prices to make lodging more affordable and accessible to all participants – click here to learn more.
The Total Price for this retreat consists of a Room & Board Fee and a Program Fee, allowing each participant to select the options for each that are most appropriate and accessible:
ROOM & BOARD FEE
- Participants choosing this fee option will have access to 3 meals a day (dinner on first day, and breakfast on last day) and the use of Tara Mandala’s facilities during their visit each day while commuting daily. Please note that this option may not be available for some select retreats.
Standard Room & Board: $472
- On a first-come first-serve basis, participants choosing this fee option can choose from Camping, Yurt Dorm, and Prajna Double Room lodging. Access to 3 meals a day (dinner on first day, and breakfast on last day) and the use of Tara Mandala’s facilities is included.
Prajna Single Queen Room & Board: $1,260
- Participants choosing this fee option can choose to stay in a Single Prajna Queen Bed Room with shared bathroom. Access to 3 meals a day (dinner on first day, and breakfast on last day) and the use of Tara Mandala’s facilities is included.
$143 – Tier 1
Registration at this level covers the basic costs for this retreat and allows Tara Mandala to maintain sustainability.
$186 – Tier 2
Registration at this level covers the program costs for this retreat and provides additional support for the year-round work of Tara Mandala.
$114 – Access Level
Registration at this level is offered at 20% below the cost of holding this retreat to assist participants with financial limitations and encourage the exploration and practice of dharma.
Choosing the Tier 1 or Tier 2 levels allows Tara Mandala to continue to make dharma teachings accessible and inclusive while also allowing its year-round operations to continue and expand while being a repository for wisdom literature, a center for translation, a beacon for the feminine in Buddhism. Tara Mandala is an active dharma organization, retreat center that provides refuge for deep practice and transformation.
There are many ways to support and engage with Tara Mandala’s worldwide activities. Click here to learn more. We appreciate your support and generosity!
You can register for the course on Tara Mandala’s website here: https://www.taramandala.org/programs-2/14520/green-tara-retreat-in-colorado/